The CRRF COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION FUND (CMF) is a $300,000.00 investment from the Canadian Race Relations Foundation to support charities and non-profit organizations serving vulnerable populations as they manage and take action on anti-racism initiatives.
This grant is being supported by Sun Life, with a generous donation of $60,000.
The Canadian Race Relations Foundation (“Foundation”) was created by the Government of Canada (“Government”) as a Crown Corporation in 1996, as part of the Japanese Canadian Redress Agreement, to reaffirm the principles of justice and equality for all in Canada. The Foundation is an independent organization and operates at arm’s length from the Government.
The application deadline for the CRRF Community Mobilization Fund has now passed. We thank all applicants for their proposals and will be in touch shortly.
Program objectives for the CRRF Community Mobilization Fund
To be eligible, your project must align with 1 or more of the following 3 key themes:
Currently, the CRRF Board of Directors are focusing on projects that address Anti-Black, Anti-Asian, and Anti-Indigenous racism as well as systemic racism.
Our portal will open at 9:00 AM EST on Monday, December 7, 2020 and will close at 9:00 pm EST on Friday January 29, 2021.
Application processing time
Who can apply?
The following groups and institutions are eligible for funding:
How applications are evaluated
We fund projects that have clear goals and measurable results. Your application will be evaluated based on the criteria below.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate all eligible applications:
Distribution of Funds and Reporting
The CRRF will disperse 90% of grant funding upon approval of the project. The remaining 10% will be dispersed upon the completion of the final report. The project and the final report must be completed by March 31, 2022.
Acknowledgement of financial assistance
If you receive funding, you must publicly acknowledge the financial support received from the Canadian Race Relations Foundation in all communications materials and promotional activities.
For further information, please contact us by:
Click here to apply.
This project has been made possible in part by Sun Life.