Advocates for a more equitable Canada have broken new ground in their work, and have experiences that are worth sharing. We propose to create a series of 22-minute videos appropriate for national broadcast that will examine the problems of racism and discrimination in Canada. With accompanying educational materials, the series is intended to inspire conversation and generate support for continued advocacy.
If you are interested in hosting a film screening, please send us an email.
1. Rodney Darren Smalls | In partnership with Adjacent Possibilities Inc. | Trailer
This film tells the personal story of Rodney Darren Smalls’ (RDS), and his journey to shake the stereotypes that followed him as a Black teenage drug dealer and channel his entrepreneurship into community benefit.
2. Tam Goossen | In partnership with J by J Productions | Trailer
This film follows the story of Tam Goossen, a Chinese-Canadian community activist and organizer who advocated for the Heritage Language program as a TDSB school board trustee in the 1990s.
3. El-Farouk Khaki | In partnership with J by J Productions
4. Lawrence Paul Yuxweluptun | In partnership with Paisley Smith
5. Chloe Dragon Smith | In partnership with Artless Collective Inc.
6. Olivia Thomassie | In partnership with Yändata Inc.