The Canadian Race Relations Foundation is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 Award of Excellence, presented at the gala dinner as part of the CRRF’s biennial National Conference, "Realizing an Inclusive Canada: 2017 and beyond,” which took place Oct. 26 and Oct. 27.
2016 Awards of Excellence Recipients:
• Working together to change digital policy to support Indigenous broadband at the First Mile, First Mile Connectivity Consortium / First Nations Innovation Project
• Tour for Humanity, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Centre for Holocaust Studies
• Harnessing the Power of Personal Storytelling, Historica Canada
• Voices into Action, FAST – Fighting Antisemitism Together
• Programme de parrainage professionnel de la Ville de Montréal, Ville de Montréal
2016 Honourable Mentions
• Public Awareness Program, Central Alberta Refugee Effort
• Young Women, Young Leaders, Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education
• Engaging Immigrant Youth, Vancouver School Board
• Diversity Education Sessions, Bow Valley College
• The Concentus Citizenship Education Project, Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission
• Sunset Service Choir, Sunset Service Toronto Fellowship
• Development Workshop for Diverse Creators, CBC RadioCanada
In addition, Special Community Championship Awards were presented this year by the CRRF board of directors to seven outstanding individuals. This award celebrates the achievements of exemplary Canadians who have made an outstanding contribution to their communities and in so doing, to the benefit of all Canadians.