The Canadian Race Relations Foundation's Awards of Excellence Program recognizes public, private, or voluntary organizations whose efforts represent excellence and innovation in combating racism in Canada.
The Awards of Excellence event is a part of the CRRF’s Best Practices initiative, which is one of the educational programs sponsored by the CRRF to gather, document, and celebrate innovative approaches to promoting harmonious race relations. By Best Practice, the CRRF means a program, strategy or initiative.
While it is essential that nominees demonstrate their commitment to harmonious race relations, the Awards are granted for a specific practice. Only one best practice can be submitted per organization.
• To celebrate achievement in the struggle against racism in Canada.
• To acknowledge best practices and excellence in the field of anti-racism.
• To collect/share information and materials aimed at promoting harmonious race relations.
• To establish partnerships and networks with a broad range of organizations.
• To further the Foundation’s mission to eliminate racism in Canada.
All the winners will be announced at the 2018 Awards of Excellence. The awards ceremony will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on September 27, 2018.
All qualifying Best Practices submissions are also published in:
1. the Canadian Race Relations Foundation's Best Practices Reader, and
2. online Resource Collection.
This Reader will be available at the Winnipeg event, as well as online.