HIV/AIDS and Immigration
|Place of Publication||
CRRF and Online
1. AIDS (Disease) – Law and legislation – Canada. 2. Immigrants – Medical
examinations – Canada. 3. Admission of nonimmigrants – Canada. 4.
Emigration and immigration law – Canada. 5. Canada – Emigration and
immigration – Government policy
Taken from the Executive Summary :
The final report:
• describes the general trends in approaches taken to disease and migration both internationally and in Canada;
• describes Canada’s current policies regarding HIV/AIDS and visitors, immigrants, and refugees;
• describes some of the proposed changes in immigration legislation and policy that may affect visitors, immigrants, and refugees with HIV/AIDS;
• evaluates Canada’s current and proposed policies regarding immigration and HIV; and
• presents a set of recommendations to the federal and provincial governments for the future direction of their policies on immigration and HIV. The report does not contain any detailed ethical analysis of the issues related to immigration and HIV/AIDS.